Kuredu Island Resort, Maldives

Maldives Weather in March: Is March a good time to go to the Maldives

Maldives Island is the only destination that pops up in your mind when it comes to enjoying glittering sand beaches, romantic sunsets and endless comfort of the luxurious over water villas. Read this section if you are you looking for an ideal holiday in Maldives in March and for knowing more about Maldives Weather in March.

The month of March attracts a lot of tourists in Maldives from cold regions as Weather forecast The Maldives in March as the hottest month of the year. Also with Easter falling in this month, the place is fully booked with tourist coming from all across the globe especially from Europe. Is March a good time to visit Maldives?  In this section we are compiling all your queries regarding Maldives Weather in March. Keep reading further so that you can go with the right stuff to enjoy the awesome weather of Maldives.

Beautiful Island Resort in Maldives
Beautiful Island Resort in Maldives

Temperature/Avg. Weather in March

Average Weather in March in Maldives stays around 29 degrees Celsius during day time. You can expect a small hike in the temperature to 30 degrees Celsius during high peak day hours and a little drop of temperature going to 27 degrees Celsius on rare summer nights.

Is March a good time to visit the Maldives? The optimum period to visit the Maldives is between November to April, avoiding the monsoon season. For the best experience, we suggest scheduling your trip during March or April, avoiding the Easter holidays when prices tend to be higher. During these months, you’ll experience warm, dry weather and quieter resorts.

Maldives Weather in March
Maldives Weather in March

Sea Temperature

March month is the best time of the year for enjoying outdoors at Maldives. The Sea Temperature resembles to the average 29 degrees Celsius temperature of Maldives Island day time temperature conditions.

Note: Due to the popularity of the Maldives, we suggest you to reserve your overwater villa well in advance. Make your reservation with our partner website for good deals with world-class customer support. You should book your villa from any of these two sites as per our recommendations.

Which month is best for Maldives trip?

The most favorable time to visit the Maldives is between November and April. The tropical and warm climate of the islands maintains an average temperature range of 29°C to 31°C throughout the year with lows rarely dropping below 24°C. January to April is considered the driest period with minimal rainfall and reduced humidity, making it the peak season for resorts.

Sunshine Hours

With the ongoing strong influence of northeastern monsoon the island receives little rainfall during this month. Maldives Weather in March sees a daily sunshine of 9 hours.

Do you have a question; Is Maldives sunny in March? The probability of experiencing a pristine, sunny day is 40%, while the likelihood of encountering a blend of sun and clouds stands at 60%. On average, no precipitation, in the form of rainfall, is expected this month with 0mm of rainfall.

Does it rain Maldives in March?

Average Weather in March in Maldives sees a total of 73 mm of humidity levels thus resulting in little more rainfall as compare to the rainfall of January and February. You can expect a wet climate for 7 days in a month. Majority of rainfall is distributed to most of the southern parts of Maldives Island.

Is March rainy season in Maldives? March is an excellent time to visit the Maldives. This month marks the end of the dry season, characterized by minimal rainfall and extended hours of sunshine, making the paradise islands even more idyllic.

Aerial View of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Aerial View of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru

Is March a good time to visit Maldives

The month of March is also a high season with more or less similar weather conditions of peak dry months of January and February. Temperature level remains almost similar to 29 degrees with 9 hours of sunshine; the month of March is again a good choice to plan a holiday.

Does it rain Maldives in March? Yes, don’t forget to pack your waterproof airy fabric stuff to enjoy a little higher rainfall of about 7 days especially if you are planning a stay in southern atolls of Maldives.

Maldives Weather in March
Maldives Weather in March

The month of March in Maldives is a big attraction among European holiday makers owing to Easter and school vacations during that time. Without worries plan a well prepared holiday with right stuff to enjoy a lovely holiday with your loved ones in the month of March in Maldives.

Read Also:
Maldives Weather in April
Maldives Weather in February

Start of Surfing Season in the Maldives

In March, you may able to enjoy beautiful sunshine with best visibility for snorkelling and diving. It is the great time for surfing in the Maldives. Most of surfing lovers start their activity in this season.

Spread the love

Similar Posts